Emerald green wheatgrass juice meets cool ice cream for a verdant take on the traditional affogato.
Affogato (Italian for drowned) usually refers to vanilla ice cream drowned in a shot of espresso.
I decided to take this famous drink to another level and turn it into a super healthy treat. As you might know; wheatgrass juice is a super alkalising and cancer fighting drink. ;-D
But don’t worry! If you don’t have wheatgrass juice powder or barley grass juice powder at home you could just as well make this super delicious drink with matcha powder (in that case, preferably with nice cream).
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 1 tsp of wheatgrass/barleygrass juice powder or matcha
- 1/2 cup of mango ice cream (blended up frozen mango)
- Whisk the green juice powder into the coconut water. If you have you can also use fresh juice of course.
- Spoon the mango ice cream into a small glass and drown it with the wheatgrass juice.
- Enjoy your healthy refreshment! 😋👍🏻