Chocolate cake is always a good idea. And this scrumptious cake is super low in fat but yet still deliciously fluffy and chocolaty.
- 4-5 pitted dates (Medjool)
- 1 chopped apple
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of gluten free flour
- 1 tbsp of crushed flax
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp of carob powder
- A handful of dried cranberries or cherries
- Blend up dates, apple and water until smooth and set it aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, flax, baking powder, vanilla and carob powder and toss to combine. Then stir in the apple sauce until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a pie pan and sprinkle it with dried cherries or cranberries.
- Bake it at 250°F/120°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is cooled down remove it from the pan, slice it up and drizzle it with ‘chocolate’ sauce (date syrup whisked up with carob powder) if desired.