I came up with this recipe during my summer vacation on the beautiful island of La Gomera. Most of the ingredients are sourced from a local organic farm which made this soup even more precious and flavorful.
My version turned out pretty spicy as I underestimated the intensity of the spicy pepper. Feel free to omit the spicy pepper if you’re sensitive or don’t like spicy food.
You can either serve this meal as a soup or as a dip with additional veggies as I did.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 spicy pepper, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 handful of green beans, chopped
- ½ cup mango, chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- Cook the onion in pineapple juice until tender, add the spicy pepper, bell pepper, green onions and rosemary and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the pineapple soup cooled down a little, add the chopped mango into a bowl and poured it up with the soup.
- Tip: if you want to keep this dish raw simply blend up the pineapple juice with onion, add the chopped ingredients into a bowl and fill it up with the juice.
- Enjoy as a soup or dip! 😋👌🏼