Making your own raw vegan curry paste at home is actually pretty easy. Yes, it takes quite some ingredients but usually you can find them all in asian stores or supermarkets. And if you don’t have a big mortar you can also use your mixer or food processor to make the paste.
When you make it with the mortar it is essential that you add one ingredient after another as listed down below, so the paste gets very fine.
!!!Be careful when pounding it, so it doesn’t slosh into your eye!!!
Once your paste is ready you can keep it in the fridge for about a week.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 lemongrass (only the purple bottom part)
- 3-4 slices of galangal
- 5 red Serrano chillies, chopped
- 5 red Bird’s Eye chillies, chopped
- Peel of one kaffir lime, cut off or grated
- 1 tsp of nori or dulse flakes
- Add all ingredients into the food processor and process until well combined or use a big mortar to smash up all of the ingredients by adding them in one after another for a very fine end result.