I made these burgers on new years day to celebrate the beginning of the new year. My family always gets star shaped vegan burgers in our health food store so I thought I’d come up with my own, super simple version for stary burgers. I used frozen peas and the middle parts of a Hakkaido pumpkin, as that is the softer part.
The herbs de Provence added a nice herbal touch and fit in just perfectly.
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of pumpkin
- 1 pinch of herbs de Provence
- 1 small sweet pepper
- 2-3 mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- cucumber slices
- vegan yogurt
- pickled cucumbers (optional)
- Add all peas, pumpkin and herbs de Provence into the food processor and process until well combined. It doesn’t have to be all smooth, it is totally fine to leave some chunks in it.
- Take out 1-2 spoons of it and press it into a star form. Remove the form and repeat with the remaining pumpkin-pea mix.
- Slice up the cucumber and pepper and start piling up your burger. Use the mushroom as a base, add some spinach leaves, cucumber slices, pepper slices and one star burger. Top it off with more spinach, vegan yogurt and a pickled cucumber if you like. Repeat until all ingredients are used up.