Found this plum cake recipe that I made back in 2014 when I made my first recipe book.
Hehe, yes I was already into very low to no fats back then while everyone was making their nut based cakes and crusts.
- 1 cup dried plums
- 3-4 tbsp dried mulberries
- 2.5 cups/ 400g fresh plums
- 1-2 pitted dates
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp dried mulberries
- For the crust, coarsely chop the dried plums and mulberries in a blender or with a knife. And press the mixture with slightly moistened fingers into a small pie dish lined with baking paper.
- For the topping, wash the plums, cut them in half, remove the seeds and cut the halves in half again. Blend up 1/3 of the plums with dates and a pinch of cinnamon. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the plum sauce over the crust and top with the remaining plum halves. Spread the remaining plum sauce over the plums.
- For the crumbles, crush the mulberries and sprinkle over the cake.
- Enjoy the sweet indulgence!