Unripe Jackfruit is a super hip meat replacement at the moment and according to my parents it sure tastes pretty much like meat. The ripe jackfruit however is a totally different taste experience. Ripe Jackfruit smells and tastes like a juicy fruit bubblegum, sweet and slightly crisp.
As I just ordered 1/4 of a jackfruit online, I thought it would make a great addition to a veggie non sir fry. Of course if you can’t find fresh or frozen jackfruit you can use either mango or pineapple as a replacement and it’s still going to taste amazing.
- 1 cup of kelp noodles
- 1 medium peeled zucchini
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small sweet pepper
- 1-2 red cabbage leaves
- 1/2- 1 cup of ripe jackfruit or mango
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut yogurt
- 1 pinch of curry powder
- 2-3 springs of cilantro
- cashew nuts
- sesame seeds
- Rinse the kelp noodles under water and add to a bowl.
- Spiralize the zucchini and carrot (tip: spiralizing the carrot works best with a julienne peeler).
- Chop up pepper, cabbage leaves and jackfruit/mango.
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl and toss with coconut yogurt and curry powder.
- Serve the non stir fry in a little pot or on a plate decorated with sesame seeds, cashew nuts and chopped cilantro.
Tip: You can find frozen or fresh jackfruits in asian stores or even better order it online from a fruit delivery of your trust. 😉