Fall/Winter and pumpkin pie are just a perfect fit and a seasonal favorite of every pie lover. And instead of making one big pie I decided to come up with these mini pumpkin pies so everyone gets his/her very own pie. It’s a great option for any party of family meet up. In my case I brought them to our companies Christmas party.
Prepping them is super easy and was kind of a family project. I came up with the recipe inspiration, my dad was responsible for cracking our picked walnuts, and my mom helped me prepping the pies. 😉
I hope you’ll enjoy these delectable pies as much as we did!
- 200 g walnuts
- 150 g pitted dates
- 125 g pitted dates
- 500 g chopped hokkaido pumpkin
- 50 g rice milk
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice/gingerbread spice
- Add walnuts, 150 g dates and cinnamon into the food processor and process until it looks like a sticky cake batter.
- Place 1-2 tbsp of the dough into a mini pie mold and press it down. Repeat until all of the dough is used up.
- For the filling cut the pumpkin in half and scape out the seeds. Quarter it and place the quarters into the oven. Bake for 20-30 mins at 120°C/250°F.
- Blend up baked pumpkin, dates, rice milk and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Add the pumpkin cream into the pie molds and decorate them with walnut halves.
- Place the mini pies into the fridge for about an hour so the filling can firm up.
- Serve and indulge!