Hummus is usually made of chickpeas with tahini, which makes it a pretty heavy and stuffing dip/spread.
It could even be made raw by using sprouted chickpeas but according to my own experience I find that they don’t digest well either. So I’m using zucchini instead of chickpeas to make it lighter and easier to digest. Not only is it easy to prep but it’s also super delicious and tastes and looks a lot like the regular hummus.
It can be used as a dip, spread, a filling for wraps or even as a sweet salad dressing. 😋
- With dried or crispy freeze dried fruits
- With fresh fruits or veggies to dip: apples, pears, strawberries, bananas, zucchini, cucumber, carrots, etc.
- As a spread for raw food crackers or cookies -> Raw Cracker Recipe
- As a filling for sandwich cookies -> Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Recipe
- Or sipmly as a delicious desert pudding 😜
Note that if you don’t have a high speed blender to crack up the sesame seeds, which makes this dip super creamy, you can also use raw sesame butter/tahini instead and blend it up in your regular blender.
- 1-2 medium sized zucchini, peeled
- 1-2 pitted dates
- 1-2 tsp of sesame seeds/tahini
- 2 tsp of cacao powder/carob powder
- 1 dash of vanilla powder
- optional: mint leaves
- cacao nibs
- Add all ingredients besides the cacao nibs into the blender and blend until creamy.
- Feel free to add in more or less cacao or use carob powder instead of cacao.
- Fill your dip into a bowl, sprinkle it with cacao nibs and serve it with fruits & veggies to dip in or as a dressing.
- Enjoy the chocolate indulgence!