We just got a new waffle iron and were eager to make some mini waffles in it. My mum was browsing recipes but they either contained gluten or some kind of fat or both. So I decided to come up with my own gluten-free, low fat vegan recipe using banana flour and no butter or oil.
The waffles turned out super douper fluffy and soft. Just perfect!
- 1 cup banana flour
- 1-2 tbsp maple sirup
- 1-2 tbsp carob/cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- 1 pinch of gingerbread spice
- 1 fork mashed banana
- 1 cup plantbased milk
- a few cranberries for decoration
- Whisk up all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Then stir in the milk and banana. Eventually add some more water if the dough is not runny enough. The dough should look like a smooth vanilla sauce/pudding.
- Add about 1-2 tbsp of the dough into your waffle iron and wait until baked (the amount of dough to be added to the iron always depends what kind of size your waffle mold looks like).
- Repeat until all of your dough is used.
- Enjoy with berries of even better with berry jam.
Tipp: We enjoyed them with cherry jam for which you can find the recipe right here. It only takes a few minutes to prep it!