I just got a craving for pancakes after seeing lots of mouthwatering pancake stacks on instagram and I was glad to have some leftover banana pancakes from a few month ago. Yes, the advantage of raw pancakes is that they can be kept quite a while and are ready to eat whenever cravings click in.
And to make them super healthy I added my favorite green juice powder and made a really delicious, protein and mineral rich spread.
This breakfast sure was a heavenly indulgence and I can’t wait to make it again.
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 4-5 baby bananas or 1-2 bananas
- 1/2 of a mango
- 1-2 tbsp of barley grass juice powder
- pomegranate seeds
- For the raw pancakes peel 4-5 medium sized bananas and finely chop them. Stopp chopping before they turn into mash.
- Now spread about 2 tablespoons of the chopped bananas on a parchment paper (on a dehydrator sheet) and form a nice round pancake. Repeat until all of the chopped bananas are used up.
- Dehydrate them for 12-16 hours at 104°F/40°C.
- You know that they’re ready when you can easily peel them off the parchment paper.
- For the protein filling blend up 1/2 of a mango with 1-2 tbsp of barley grass juice powder.
- Slice up the baby bananas.
- Place a pancake on the plate spread it with the protein dip, place some banana slices on it and top it with another pancake. Repeat!
- Decorate your plate with pomegranate seeds and berries and get your fork or spoon ready!