Christmas deserts don’t have to be super complicated and special because often times the most simple things are the best. And this simple apple desert sure was a highlight of our Christmas lunch.
You could even make it raw by baking the apples at a low temperature (104°F/40°C) and instead of chocolate pudding simply blend up a mango with carob/cacao powder and Christmas spices. 😉
- 5 medium apples
- 1 chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp of maple sirup
- 1 pinch of cinnamon & vanilla powder
- Peel and core the apples and chop into little chunks.
- Toss the apple chunks with cinnamon and vanilla and divide into little ramekins.
- Heat up the almond milk and stir in the chocolate pudding mix.
- Pour the pudding over the apples and bake for 10-15 minutes at 212°F/100°C.
- Decorate it with your choice of Christmas cookies.
Tip: I used a Christmas chocolate pudding mix made of corn starch with cacao, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and vanilla. But if you want to avoid corn starch you could also mix up your own pudding powder with potato or tapioca starch.