Christmas deserts don’t have to be super complicated and special because often times the most simple things are the best. And this simple apple desert sure was a highlight of our Christmas lunch.
You could even make it raw by baking the apples at a low temperature (104°F/40°C) and instead of chocolate pudding simply blend up a mango with carob/cacao powder and Christmas spices. 😉
- 5 medium apples
- 1 chocolate pudding mix (see tip)
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp of maple sirup
- 1 pinch of cinnamon & vanilla powder
- Peel and core the apples and chop into little chunks.
- Toss the apple chunks with cinnamon and vanilla and divide into little ramekins.
- Take 6 tbsp of almond milk and whisk it up with the pudding mix.
- Heat up the remaining almond milk and stir in the chocolate pudding mix.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the pudding over the apples and bake for 10-15 minutes at 212°F/100°C.
- Decorate it with your choice of Christmas cookies.
Tip: For the chocolate pudding mix whisk up 40g potato/tapioca starch with carob powder, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and vanilla.