Making your own raw vegan curry paste at home is actually pretty easy. Yes, it takes quite some ingredients but usually you can find them all in asian stores or supermarkets. And if you don’t have a big mortar you can also use your mixer or food processor to make the paste.
When you make it with the mortar it is essential that you add one ingredient after another as listed down below, so the paste gets very fine.
!!!Be careful when pounding it, so it doesn’t slosh into your eye!!!
Once your paste is ready you can keep it in the fridge for about a week.
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1-2 lemongrass (only the purple bottom part)
- 3-4 slices of galangal
- 5 Serrano chillies, chopped
- 5 Bird’s Eye chillies, chopped
- Peel of one kaffir lime, cut off or grated
- 3-4 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 1-2 springs of sweet basil
- 2-3 springs of cilantro with root, chopped
- 1 tsp of nori or dulse flakes